First aid and emergencies
For major, life threatening emergencies, always call ‘000’.
Yes, triple-0 works in these parts and ambulances will come for you, with a helicopter ride to RPA if required.
Hospitals close by
- telephone: 02 4939 2000550, 560 High Street, Maitland NSW
- turn right after (ie, on the Maitland side of) the Belmore Bridge, continue for 1km or so
- open 24 hours, 60km (1 hour’s travel)
- recommended for after-hours incidents
Dungog Community Hospital:
- telephone: 02 4995 7000, Hospital Road, Dungog NSW
- turn right at Moore Street near Dungog High School on the Lostock/Gresford approach to town and follow the blue Hospital signs
- 45km away (40 minutes travel)
- recommended by locals for daytime treatment
Dungog – 45km away:
- Dr Jeffery – Hospital Road (near Community Hospital), telephone: 02 4992 1739
- Dr Holley + 2 others, operates 9-5 weekdays, 92 – 94 Dowling Street (main street of Dungog, south of Mackay Street) – telephone: 02 4992 1002
East Gresford – 21km away:
- Gresford Surgery – Monday to Wednesday ONLY
- telephone: 02 4938 9202
- Park Street (main street, south of Beattie Hotel)
In case of fire – dial ‘000’.
Also, you call Brian and Mary Horn at the dairy on 02 4931 7124 to raise the Rural Rire Service.
Note there is a long green fire hose in the middle of the yard outside the kitchen, and smoke alarms and extinguishers in each room.