Bookings and rates
Great for families and friends or book your class in for a country-style retreat with loads of outdoor activities.
Lostock School Camp sleeps from 16 – 20 people and is brilliantly set up for big camp fires and has two kitchens. The games room has an open fire place and the Patterson River and Lostock Dam are in walking distance.
Lostock has two separate classrooms or cabins that are used for sleeping accommodation. One has 5 sets of bunks (sleeps 10 people) and the other has 6 sets of bunks (sleeps 12 people). There is room on the floor should you wish to bring your own mattresses for extra people.
Pitching a tent on the grounds or down by the river is possible if numbers are greater than the classrooms comfortably allow or if that’s your preference.
A modest tariff is charged to stay at Lostock to cover electricity and major maintenance expenses. A tariff per classroom applies. In this way two individual families or small groups can stay at the same time, but have to share the common room, kitchen and amenities. During special events such as the Gresford Country Show, a third group might need to be accommodated in tents. Larger groups can hire out both cabins and get exclusive run of the place – your stay will be more comfortable that way.
To keep it affordable, the school camp is run by volunteer parent labour and operates on a limited budget – so please help out if you are asked to do anything on your visit. Please fix simple things that you see need doing or report back any items that need attention.
The following tarrifs apply:
- Sydney Secondary College staff and families – $50 per classroom cabin per night
- Non-College groups and general public – $65 per classroom cabin per night
- A surcharge of 30% applies during December/January, April/May, July and September/October school holidays and during long weekends
Booking priorities for Lostock are:
- Certain school weeks are reserved for College-related student activities and these will take precedence.
- Working bees – The P&C has first call of one of the weekends of the April/May, usually Easter and September/October school holiday period for maintenance activities.
- College staff and families – have priority for bookings in the remainder of school holidays and long weekends (but get in quick).
- Lostock is open to non-College users at all other times, or when the periods above have not been booked two weeks out from that time, (but we’re flexible and it never hurts to ask).
How to book, payment and enquiries
Please email Lostock-School@hotmail.com with your preferred dates or for answers to any questions. Correspondence is preferred by e-mail if possible. Please note that there is no internet or mobile phone reception at Lostock, so make sure you know all you need to know before you get past Maitland!
Please read this site and the particularly the First aid and emergency page carefully before booking and staying.
BPay is the preferred payment method:
- Account name: Sydney Secondary College, Leichhardt Campus Parents & Citizens Association
- Bank: Bendigo Bank, Branch: Rozelle, NSW
- BSB: 633 000, Account number: 150321115
A non-refundable deposit of $20 per room is required within 2 weeks of booking to secure a place. Full payment is required at least 2 weeks in advance of your visit.
You will be given details of where to obtain keys, any odd jobs that need doing, and any other instructions before you leave.
All bookings are made on a first-in, first-served basis subject to the priorities set out below. You can add your name to a waiting list for particular dates if desired.
Cancellations and refunds will generally be allowed in good faith. However, a $20 fee per room applies if cancellations are made within 2 weeks of the intended date. This will be waived, however, if alternative lodgers can be found.
Dogs are allowed but please keep them under control in the presence of farm animals, native wildlife and others staying at Lostock and especially near small calves.
Tariffs and conditions are subject to periodic review.
Why not join in these twice a year fun events and help out – no special skills are required and they are quite enjoyable social activities. Lostock School Camp relies on these two working bee long weekends to make progress on the maintenance and improvements. Children of any age are welcome. No tariff applies at these times. The working bees are held sometime in the April/May and September/October school holiday period – notice will be sent out by email and the campus newsletters in advance.
- Book now via email Lostock-School@hotmail.com with your preferred dates or questions